Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FtloG
Sep 07, 2001, 09:32 PM,
FtloG
I'd like to stop the world for six and a half minutes. To make everybody stop whatever they are doing, and play Steve Vai's "For the love of God" on this giant speaker system which will reach all corners. I still can't believe it that a song like this was ever wrote. It says so much, it's so perfectly structured and played..I remember when I heard it live, when The Alien was here, I was with two friends. One of them, the guyt hat got me into Steve Vai, told me about this song and got all excited when it started "This is it!" he said, trembling with anticipation. And it was one of themost emotional experiences of my life, hearing and seeing him play this best ever instrumental song, from the seocnd row. Horia, my other friend, who hadn't ever heard this ong before, just like me, put his hand of my shoulder with tears in his eyes when it was over and said, sensing that my reaction was the same "This was unbelievable...". Outside the row there was another friend of our, the most funny and careless man I've ever seen. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw his so touched.
So, to whoever hasn't heard this ong, please do...It will change your life. It's one of those songs.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Sep 07, 2001, 10:46 PM,
FtloG
Hmm... Another artist I've never heard of. I'll try to remember the name in the future.

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Sep 07, 2001, 11:17 PM,
FtloG
One of the greatest guitars players there is...

Sunt lacrimae reum