Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I canot believe this | NY, DC...
Sep 11, 2001, 03:34 PM,
What the hell's going on? They destroyed the symbols of NYCity and attacked the Pentagon too? What the fuck....

Sunt lacrimae reum
Sep 11, 2001, 04:14 PM,
- Speechless -

I'm in nthe house with my mum, watching CNN and she's crying.
I don't know what to do.
If this isn't the beginning of world war 3, I don't know what is.

I hate being Israeli. Living in constant fear from these psychopats.

I don't really know what to say.

If you can't beat them, eat them.
Sep 11, 2001, 04:58 PM,
Jesus Christ...

It isn't the beginning of World War 3.  This is a terrorist attack.  I've been watching the news for the last two hours and it is completely unbelievable.

I live in Manchester, in the UK, and about 3 or 4 years ago there was a bomb in the middle of the city.  It was the IRA.  And it completely flattened a big area of the middle of the city.  But no-one was killed, because they got a warning about an hour before and managed to evacute most people.  This...this is different.  There was no warning.  Can you imagine how many people would have been in the middle of New York at 9am?  This sort of thing has never been seen before.  America is not used to terrorist attacks.

But I don't think there'll be any kind of a war.  It's an extremist faction.

"When I see all those starving kids in Africa it just makes me want to cry.  I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."  -- Mariah Carey.
Sep 11, 2001, 06:27 PM,
i wouldn'd be so sure.

yeah, i was posting a thread in the pile just as the second plane hit the second tower.

they let us leave work early. the subway was packed with people who had been evacuated from the sears tower.

on the way home i saw a fucked up car accident, where a mother and her daughter were almost tackled by a spiraling s.u.v.

i swear, that thing just got blindsided, and went spinning towards them. it fucking landed on it's wheels, too.

and now i can hear jets flying overhead, and i've heard sirens all day...

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Sep 11, 2001, 06:35 PM,
[Image: ho_plane2wtc_010911_nh.jpg]

used without permission from [Image: abcnewscom_83x20.gif][/url]

[Image: 1160827.jpg]

used without permission from [Image: b.gif]

(Edited by JuggleFoe at 12:42 pm on Sep. 11, 2001)

Sep 11, 2001, 06:42 PM,
Lifted from The Pile:

Yeah, my family woke me up in time to see the second building go down.  Everyone on the streets, on the buses, in their cars; everyone downtown is just wandering about in this horrible stupor.

Pele lives in NY, I hope her and her family are okay.

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Sep 11, 2001, 07:54 PM,
jesus.

[Image: wtc-smoke.jpg]

that's a radar image of the smoke cloud.

as a sidenote: see that town in northern new hampshire named "berlin"? that's where i was born.

Sep 11, 2001, 08:51 PM,
Man....I saw everything live....The second plane, I saw it live....The first one looked like an accident...I;ve been looking over the pics I took two yeaars ago, in the WTC, and on thos towers, not believing that th buildings are gon...It sems so mostt unbelievable....In th movis, I alwayst thought how unral this is, this could never happn to th amricans...
Wouldn't it be themost fuckd up thing if th japanese had done it?
Me, I think it might have been someone from the inside...Like in "Arlingtpon Road" or even "Fight Club". But the idea with the planse...just incredible.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Sep 11, 2001, 09:00 PM,
For those who know her, pele and her fmaily ar fine.

Sep 11, 2001, 09:16 PM,
i don't know her too well, but that's nice to know anyhow.

Sep 11, 2001, 09:21 PM,
No one really knows who did this, but there is some speculation that it was by terrorists from Afganistan(sp?) or generally the middle-east.

The sheer magnitude of an attack like this is unbelievable. They hijacked 4 planes that were bound for the west coast, so they had large amounts of fuel, from different airports at the same time, and were willing to sacrifice their own lives to crash these planes. Crazy.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams
Sep 11, 2001, 09:29 PM,
Don't forget that the muslims believe they'll get a certain place in paradise if they die in fight against Satan, which is what the USA represents to them.

The Attack was well thought-out, though.

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Sep 11, 2001, 09:39 PM,
yay!

religion!

isn't it fantastic?

isn't it?

anyone?

Sep 11, 2001, 10:58 PM,
Crusaders were promised instant access to heaven for killing heathens in the middle east, the pope guaranteed a place in heaven to whomever killed James II, the Protestant king...Nuttin' new about killing to book your spot in the paradise hotel.

Sep 11, 2001, 11:30 PM,
building 7 of the trade complex fell a while  ago, and there are fires in kabul, afghanistan.

there are also some reports of a recent assassination of a government official in the mid-east.

funny thing is: a leader gets assassinated, and peter jennings can't even remember his name. i think american needs to start paying a little more attention to events that occur over there that could effect the balance of power...

it's a tragedy that it takes something like this to bring us to our senses.