Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update On Truck Theft | WOOT!
Aug 29, 2001, 12:02 AM,
Dig it: a friend of my brother was out walking his dog a couple of hours ago when he noticed a truck that looked suspiciously like our one that was stolen.  He took down the licence plate, ran home, and confirmed with my brother that it was our truck.  Cops were phoned, they picked it up and are now towing it to the insurance company.  The ignition box is trashed beyond belief, and some rain fell through an open window, but besides that there's no damage.  It sounds as though all of our stuff is still there, too.

Believe it or not, it was found about five blocks away from where it was stolen.  We're thinking that whoever stole it quickly realised that it's not a 4x4 (almost all 4-Runners are), and ditched it.

Suffice it to say, I'm very happy.  Everyone at work is laughing at me because of the way I was jumping around.

Jump

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Aug 29, 2001, 12:27 AM,
cool shit, bro.

it's too bad the fuckballs who stole it didn't get busted, but it's cool that the truck was found, at least.

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Aug 29, 2001, 10:40 PM,
Nice one. Foe, did you *situation* develop in any way?

Sunt lacrimae reum
Aug 29, 2001, 11:51 PM,
well, yeah.

we're locking this place down pretty hardcore.

we're even going to start locking the front gate.

which might not sound too extreme to you, but coming from new hampshire, even having to lock my door is a pretty alien concept.

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Aug 30, 2001, 08:25 PM,
Heh, I won't even turn my back on our car without locking it, but then again, I am a paranoid cynic. Tongue

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"