Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best of : the current issue of "the onion" | "HOLY FUCKING SHIT: ATTACK ON AMERICA"
Sep 29, 2001, 04:06 AM,
best of : the current issue of "the onion" | "HOLY FUCKING SHIT: ATTACK ON AMERICA"
dude, i realize this is dark humor about a touchy subject, but the recent edition of the onion has some of the funniest and wittiest fucking bits i've ever read.

social commentary hasn't become sacred, and i for one, am fucking glad.

[Image: attack_on_america.jpg]

i think one of my favorite bits, just from skimming over it and reading little bits has to be point - counterpoint, just because it encapsulates how fucking stupid some people are being.

here's one of the page two shorts...

Quote:Bush Sr. Apologizes To Son For Funding Bin Laden In '80s

MIDLAND, TX— Former president George Bush issued an apology to his son Monday for advocating the CIA's mid-'80s funding of Osama bin Laden, who at the time was resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. "I'm sorry, son," Bush told President George W. Bush. "We thought it was a good idea at the time because he was part of a group fighting communism in Central Asia. We called them 'freedom fighters' back then. I know it sounds weird. You sort of had to be there." Bush is still deliberating over whether to tell his son about the whole supporting-Saddam Hussein-against-Iran thing.

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Sep 29, 2001, 09:55 PM,
Biggrin

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Sep 29, 2001, 11:30 PM,
It's great to know our country created these monsters that we now have to fight...

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams
Sep 29, 2001, 11:48 PM,
yeah, sorta' funny how that lil' bit of info isn't getting a whole lotta' play in mainstream news, huh?

at least as far as i've seen...

the other thing i've noticed is that you really don't hear a lot of people asking our government how something like this could happen. everyone is very happily pulling the "there's no use crying over spilt milk" card, and focusing on fortifying security in the future.

what was being done between the time that the first plane and the second plane hit?

Conf

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Oct 01, 2001, 08:36 PM,
The current issue of The Onion was the best thing I've read since the proverbial shit hit the fan, bar none.  I laughed, I cried, I felt like myself again.  Kudos.

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.