Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Positivly Mind Blowing Experience | I was digging around, and found these... enjoy :)
Aug 15, 2001, 12:05 PM,
A Positivly Mind Blowing Experience | I was digging around, and found these... enjoy :)
Mags, the first one was...It really touched me so deep. I'd have to keep that on my table. That was superb. And since you asked for titles, oppinions, etc, I will pick this one. It reminded me of one of the most touching quotes in movie history, where Ricky from American Beauty says "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world that I feel my heart's going to cave in"
And then, in the end, Kevin Spacey says:
"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much
beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about
to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.."
This is what your first poem made me think off.
I could interpret it as something about love,  this part:
"Think of me
and as you do
take my life and hold it
as sands flit through your fingers
dont try to catch one grain
dont try to stop a moment passing "

hold an idea, for me, also met in The Prophet, the "Of Marriage" part. This intercorrelation of lives, something in commin and yet letting everything flow it's own way, not always interfering, enjoying every moment, it's great. Tell me if I'm too far off Wink

"let the time flee
dont cling to what has gone
but look to what you dream "

Yeah, this is one for me, I should learn to do this. I also love how you continue this, it doesn't necesarily have to be a whole new verse, it could be the continuance, like "look to what you dream, dream of me..." I don't know if you meant it like this.

"Dream of me
and as you do
take my heart and hold it "

And as a title? Clepsydre.

Sunt lacrimae reum

Messages In This Thread
A Positivly Mind Blowing Experience | I was digging around, and found these... enjoy :) - by Amor Fati - Aug 15, 2001, 12:05 PM