Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cellphones banned in NY
Jun 26, 2001, 03:10 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
I just heard in the news that a law was passed that makes using a cell phone while driving illegal in New York, unless a headset is used. I always hated seeing people driving with a cellphone to their ear. Later I thought about how much time we spend in our cars and how that time could be used making calls, but only with a hands-free cellphone... What do you guys think? Would you agree with the law if it was passed where you live? (Unless you live in New York Smile)

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams
Jun 26, 2001, 04:02 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
I say it's good, I hate seeing people not paying attention to the road and all because tey're talking on the cell phone...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jun 26, 2001, 04:30 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
I live in Denmark, and it's illegal here to drive and use a cellphone. And that's cool by me...

Sex on wheelz!
Jun 26, 2001, 08:08 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
Sweet.  I can't stand the things, to be honest.  My parents bought me one for Christmas.  I guess it's somewhat handy, but most of the time I don't know what to do with it.  It's just one more thing that ties me down, I guess...

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Jun 26, 2001, 08:42 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
It's kewl. I'd remember it's illegal here in Finland too. I'm currently saving up for Nokia's newest communicator. 3 more months to go with the unemployment money I get, unless something more interesting comes to view... Smile

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Jun 26, 2001, 08:53 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
I don't have a cell phone. Don't want one or need one. Me and a friend of mine are targets for out mates, they all make fun of us sometimes. But I'll probably get one when I'll start working. Plus everybody around me (fiancee, sister, best friends) have one, so I am reachable at all times, if needed...

(Edited by Amor Fati at 12:59 pm on June 26, 2001)

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jun 27, 2001, 04:50 AM,
Cellphones banned in NY
I'm just glad they passed a law against cell phone use while driving here in the states. Hopefully, someone out here in California will decide it's a good idea and try to get the same law passed here. Some people tend to zone out when their talking on the phone...

Jun 27, 2001, 09:47 AM,
Cellphones banned in NY
It's illegal here too (Australia).

haven't typed the word 'australia' for ages.  That is a cool word.  austraaaaaaalia.

I feel betrayed & bewildered.
Jun 27, 2001, 10:29 AM,
Cellphones banned in NY
You're an Aussie? That's great...Always wanted to meet one Wink

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jun 27, 2001, 11:24 AM,
Cellphones banned in NY
careful, all that chasing greased up dingos when she was a wee'un made her a tuff bugga'!

Boxing_smiley

(Edited by JuggleFoe at 5:25 am on June 27, 2001)

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Jun 27, 2001, 05:05 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
Wait, Amor, I'll make it more authentic for u.

"Ged-daaaay Maiiiiiiiiite!"

Laughing

greased up? hell no everything's dry in thee e-out bak.

I feel betrayed & bewildered.
Jun 27, 2001, 05:08 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
except yer brow, right? always gotta be on the lookout fer them raskly kritters, aye? Wink

ya' never know when a pack of pissed-off koalas is gonna fuck yer shit up.

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Jun 27, 2001, 09:37 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
Rotflmao That koala thing reminded me of an episode of "The Slayers". Anyone watched that series?
Jun 28, 2001, 02:57 AM,
Cellphones banned in NY
You're talking about the anime, right? I own volumnes 3 & 4 but I haven't seen an episode.

By the way, you've made it to Acolyte. *applauds*

Jun 28, 2001, 04:07 PM,
Cellphones banned in NY
So how are things down under? I'd love to come and visit once...

Sunt lacrimae reum