Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate~topic- legalisation of cannabis in uk | will is craving one, also i wanna c what the non freak membe
Jul 12, 2001, 11:50 PM,
Debate~topic- legalisation of cannabis in uk | will is craving one, also i wanna c what the non freak membe
joint and splifff r the same n english! but a purie is straight pot!

"Fuck you, you fucking disgrace, i dont need i dont play mind games, so dont fuck with me and my friends!" Max Cavelera
"Everything in moderation, including moderation" Oscar Wilde
Jul 12, 2001, 11:51 PM,
Two reasons that cannabis is illegal (from the government's point of view)

1.  It IS less harmful than tobacco.  BUT, don't you think that the government would ban tobacco if they could?  The only reason that tobacco is legal is because it has been legal for 400 years, and it is too integrated into our society to illegalise now.  Simply too many people would be against it, being smokers.  They decided that tobacco would be legal a very long time before they knew about the dangers.  Now it's too late.  So they presumably don't want to make the same mistake with cannabis.  The government would LOVE for tobacco to be illegal.  Think of all the harm it causes, e.g medical costs for lung cancer etc.  But they can't do anything now.

THAT is the reason that tobacco is legal, despite being more dangerous than cannabis.

2.  Most politicians grew up JUST before the big drugs boom in the 60's.  Hence they are wary of drugs, having not experienced them.  Wait 5 years and politicians will be mainly from the drugs generation - they'll relax the laws.

Phew, I'm exhausted now.

"When I see all those starving kids in Africa it just makes me want to cry.  I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."  -- Mariah Carey.
Jul 12, 2001, 11:53 PM,
oh, ya' bunch of queen-loving freaks.

in america, a pure-weed joint can also be called a "reefer", but that's a little archaic.

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Jul 13, 2001, 12:01 AM,
nvp-can u give me some points on substace abuse, for starting a debate please, ta mate

"Fuck you, you fucking disgrace, i dont need i dont play mind games, so dont fuck with me and my friends!" Max Cavelera
Jul 13, 2001, 12:03 AM,
I'm not a wisdom-dispenser you know.

And don't call me nvp here - it will only confuse and befuddle.

"When I see all those starving kids in Africa it just makes me want to cry.  I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."  -- Mariah Carey.
Jul 13, 2001, 12:07 AM,
yeah, i was going to mention that.

thanks, lacking.

Jul 13, 2001, 12:26 AM,
I know alot about substance abuse first hand. Somehow I imagine myself in ten, twenty years going to schools across the nation teaching kids how to say no to drugs and such, and at the end proclaiming. "Be cool, stay in school." I don't hold much hope for the future now...

"Any government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state."
Jul 13, 2001, 12:26 AM,
thats the joke nieve boy, i dont want to hear about your experiences, i want to hear some points that i could raise to start a debate, much like the points u raised earlier about the politicians!

Jul 13, 2001, 12:45 AM,
Argh matey....

But for the most part, the government's reasoning for not legalizing it would be:
Legalization would boost drug use
Legalization would contribute to a rise in crime
Legalization would have consequences for society

IMMEDIATE EFFECTS: increased pulse rate, impairment of short-term memory and logical thinking, confusion, restlessness, excitement, hallucinations, anxiety or panic, psychotic episodes, impaired coordination, impaired motor ability, increased appetite, altered perception, impaired driving ability, and impaired ability to concentrate and learn
LONG-TERM EFFECTS: toxic effect on brain nerve cells, increased risk of lung cancer,
risk of chronic bronchitis, respiratory diseases/cancer, energy loss, slow, confused thinking, memory impairment,
apathy, suppressed effects on sperm,
impaired immune system, and blood vessel blockage.
The marijuana user may experience a physical dependence on the drug.
If marijuana use is abruptly stopped, certain withdrawal symptoms will be experienced: nausea, insomnia, irritability, and anxiety
Marijuana use during pregnancy has been associated with diminished birth weight and the presence of physical and mental characteristics similar to fetal alcohol syndrome (facial deformities, heart defects, deformed joints, low birth weight, small head). Marijuana cigarettes contain more of the known carcinogen benzopyrene than tobacco cigarettes. Marijuana smoking has been proven to have adverse effects on the female reproductive system.  The tar in a marijuana cigarette is 50-100% greater than that of tobacco.

"Any government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state."
Jul 13, 2001, 03:39 AM,
Quote:Quote: from metal boi on 6:47 pm on July 12, 2001
thank you lizzie, *kiss*

WTF?!

metal boi, stop using this board as a chatroom.

now.

Jul 13, 2001, 03:59 AM,
okay, guys.

i unlocked this topic, after cleaning out all of the off-topic crap.

please, if you want to act silly, and treat this board like a chatroom, do it ALL IN ONE NEW, BIG, LONG, NEVER-ENDING THREAD. keep it out of the other folders.

Jul 13, 2001, 10:31 AM,
Legalise it, just do it.

Hey, What does 'WILL IS CRAVING ONE' mean?

All Hail Ænema!
Jul 13, 2001, 01:20 PM,
metal boi's name is will.

and yeah falllen all of that shit happens if you SMOKE dope.  what about the magical green butter that you use to make magical choccie muffins that you give to your maths teacher on the last day of schooland he get totally wasted in front of a first year maths class and u see the fat ginger bastard getting towed away by the nice policemen and you watch in pure evil pleasure as he's getting shouted at by your head of year and he's sooooo fucking stoned he has no idea what he has done or why he's been asked to find himself another job and then he finds himselftouching up that 13 year old girl that he's always had the hots for then she takes him to court and sues his fat ginger arse and he wakes up the next morning with only a muffin case to his name and he realises what you've done and he tries to kill you but ha! he didnt know that you'd already known he was gunna do this and you got the whole house wired up to the fucken limits and as soon as he sets his ladder against the wall to kill you in your sleep he gets shot by an army of undercover policemen who were alerted by the silent alarm and you watch as the fat tosser dies with that evil glint in his eye and you are so happy that you piss on his corpse and shout HAHAHAHA YOU GINGER PIECE OF SHIT THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING FAT AND GINGER!!!!!

so.......um........i've forgotten the point i was trying to make- oh yeah- if you eat marijuana it wont hurt you.  unless your name is mr croft and you are a maths teacher

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvil

Although clearly aroused, Pebbles the Chimp seems slightly sad, and can't even summon the energy to gently fuck the floor...
Jul 13, 2001, 01:25 PM,
Yeah, I read it in another post after I replied to this. HEHE 2 WILL's the forums about to suffer me thinks.

All Hail Ænema!
Jul 13, 2001, 03:42 PM,
The main reasons given against the legalisation of canabis are:

1. It would lead to an increase in the push of harder drugs.

In a way, you have to see this argument. Drug dealers are not going to stop just because canibis is legal. They will still want to make money, and so, will push the 'harder' drugs

2. It would cause a drop in the age of use.

This is also true. Think about tobacco or alcohol products. Because they are illegal only for under 16's and under 18's respectivly (in the UK anyway), young children (sometimes 9 years old and younger) are drawn to them to be more 'grown-up'. At the moment, I'm not sure what the 'normal' age for cannibis use is, but it is quite likely that this will drop should a 'fixed' age be set

I wont mention the reason for lega;ising canabis, as they have already been touched upon. However, one other point I would like to make is;

Canabis, in itself, is not harmful. It is only when it is smoked that it causes damage. Smoke, (and other substances if taken with tobacco) get into the lungs, and can cause problems. Canabis can be very helpful to people who suffer from condidtions such as MS etc. The most efficient way to administer this would surely be in pill form? Why then, has this idea not been developed?

[Image: cardsforsorrow.jpg]