Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate~topic- legalisation of cannabis in uk | will is craving one, also i wanna c what the non freak membe
Jul 12, 2001, 11:01 PM,
Debate~topic- legalisation of cannabis in uk | will is craving one, also i wanna c what the non freak membe
ok, i myself am for total legalisation, not just decriminalisation!  i want it to be sold in off licenses next to cigars and vodka!
i myself smoke it, and i smoke quite a lot, i will get stoned on average at least once a week, (more than i get drunk (i work so much that i cant) but i can get stoned at college, and not need to worry about it!  i also want to join the army and wish to be able to carry on smoking in the army!
hopefully it should be available within the next 10-15 years but that isnt quick enough i believe a lot of politicans are saying they are for it, but this is for no other reason that for pure votes!  

advantages of cannabis compared to alcohol it doesnt damage your liver in any way, and the amount your liver have to deal with from paracetamol, to most things, any less strain on your liver is nothing but a good thing!
smoking is very sociable, more so than drinking, but only if every1 there smokes.
its fast acting only a few seconds from igestion to effect unlike alcohol which can take up to 30 mins, so u cant have more than your limits, when u smoke if u arent intending to!  where as with alcohol u can ingest more, while you are waiting!
maraijana does not stress people, like alcohol does, and there are very few figths between stoned ppl, compared to boozed up people!

ok im going to enlarge this to general substance abuse (esp XTC) becuase i have to hold a class disscussion tomorrow on substance abuse!  but toking (smoking dope) is something i feel strongly about!

"Fuck you, you fucking disgrace, i dont need i dont play mind games, so dont fuck with me and my friends!" Max Cavelera
"Everything in moderation, including moderation" Oscar Wilde
Jul 12, 2001, 11:08 PM,
weed should be legal, period.

the only reason it's not legal is because the tobacco and alcohol industries put cash in the back pocket of the government, because they fear the competition.

also, if marijuana was legal, hemp would logically have to be made legal, and the cotton and logging industries don't want that sort of competition either.

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Jul 12, 2001, 11:16 PM,
erm metal note not to embrass the mod too much!

rite 1st off, tabacco companys wouldnt want weed legalised?  what the fuck, how do u smoke it? u add tabacco and curl up in a ciggerate paper (rizla which includes cannabis in the making actully, but it is weird stuff, it can be grow legally by farmer in england but not if they are within 5 miles from a main road, and it has minute quanititys of thc which is what makes u stoned!

and the second point, also (erm, to put it nicely not 100% accurtae at all) hemp is legal, hemp is used to make ropes and all sorts of things, have u ever heard of project eden in cornwall, well it has hemp plants growing, all that it needed is a licence and a physical barrier!  well the lience was a piece of piss to get, and this is for a public attraction, anf the physical barrier well that was just indian hemp ropes!

"Fuck you, you fucking disgrace, i dont need i dont play mind games, so dont fuck with me and my friends!" Max Cavelera
Jul 12, 2001, 11:19 PM,
Hemp is legal here, they sell it everywhere. Maybe it's a hemp imposter! I do not know....

"Any government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state."
Jul 12, 2001, 11:20 PM,
you have to understand that i'm coming from the point of view of an american.

americans don't smoke pot with tobacco often, and as far a i know, hemp isn't legal in the states.

i could be very wrong about that.

but at the very least, people would start looking at hemp in a more positive light, and the "it's related to an illegal drug" stigma would be lifted, to a certain degree, and it would be used more often.

Jul 12, 2001, 11:23 PM,
as a matter of fact, i might have smoked pot with tobacco twice in my entire life, and truthfully, i wasn't too fond of it.

i enjoy the flavor of marijuana, and i absolutely detest tobacco.

it appears i was wrong about hemp, however.

Jul 12, 2001, 11:25 PM,
ok, your american that xplains a lot!

(like y u didnt know much about english politics on the subject) and i am pretty sure fallen is rite, hemp is a very common substance
*king Edward i think it was recommened hemp, "for ropes and other uses"* lol

Jul 12, 2001, 11:30 PM,
well, some people maintain that american president george washington grew hemp.

Jul 12, 2001, 11:31 PM,
how do u smoke it then?
have u eva smoked solids (brown lumps) or u always smoke skunk (the bud of the plant)

Jul 12, 2001, 11:33 PM,
i smoke buds, in pipes, or water bongs. joints are alright, too.

Jul 12, 2001, 11:36 PM,
i've also smoked so-called "hash oil", which was like a gooey brown paste.

we'd either put a few drops of it on top of a bud, and then smoke that in a pipe or bong, or we'd put some on the end of a safety pin, and hold it over the end of a cigarette until it melted and dropped onto the cherry, and then we'd inhale the smoke.

also, i've seen people smoke "hash oil" off the edge of hot blades, but that seemed a little "low-budget" to me.

Jul 12, 2001, 11:36 PM,
Your version of rolling some ganja is alot different from the rest of the world Will dearest. I, too, never mix my reefer with tobacco. That, my dear, is commonly known as a mull. You might do it, but that doesn't exactly mean the rest of the world does. The three most valuable names in the world are Marlboro, Budweiser, and Coca-Cola. In that order. I don't believe that tobacco companies would deter marijuana from being legalized because as you stated, there's a large difference between the taste and effects of both. Marijuana however, if made legal, would be very difficult to put a tax on because many could grow it without proper authorization therefore the government not being able to tax it and make a profit from it. There are many knowledgeable arguments considering why it's not made legal. But your questions involve why it is not made legal in the UK, Wayne is commenting from his American point of view. No offense. Richard might be able to help you as well.

(Edited by Fallen at 5:40 pm on July 12, 2001)

"Any government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state."
Jul 12, 2001, 11:43 PM,
actually with your last point you can brew your own beer eaasily enuff, hell u can be sold home brew kits, and u could distill (make spirits) if u really wanted to!
so it will be the same as marijana most wont bother growing it, plus remember i live in uk, wheere its hard to grow, so u need hydrophonics kit to grow, and the only way u couple make that much spare money is thru drug dealing!
so lizabeth my dear how do u make joints?
(ru lizzie on crowlys board?)

Jul 12, 2001, 11:47 PM,
in america, a "joint" is straight pot, rolled in a paper.

sometimes it has some leaf in it, but most of the time it's all bud.

a "spliff", or "cone" on the other hand, is rolled with tobacco, like you've mentioned, metal boi.

Jul 12, 2001, 11:50 PM,
You can grow marijuana inside you know, in rooms, in pots (no pun intended) under little lamps. It's really not that much of a trouble. Not that, you know, I would know or anything.

(Edited by JuggleFoe at 9:53 pm on July 12, 2001)