Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's scary
Jul 17, 2001, 01:09 PM,
It's scary
I don't know why I perceived this as scary, but I do. i went last night to see again myf avorite movie of all time, What Dreams May Come, and it struck me how much my relationship with THE ONE is like the one these two had. I mean this is supposed to be a movie, a fantasy, something taken to the extreme, and still I recognized many elements on US there...I just hope nobody up there decides to test us like that...Maybe that's why I see it as scary.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 17, 2001, 03:32 PM,
It's scary
Yeh! I know what you mean, I watched it with my soul mate

[Image: cardsforsorrow.jpg]
Jul 17, 2001, 04:43 PM,
It's scary
SWEET!!! Me too. Tell me more. You're talking about Daniel or am I getting my facts wrong?

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 18, 2001, 04:47 PM,
It's scary
I sure am talking about Daniel (How could you ever have known? Wink)

I don't know what else you want to know? He told me to watch what dreams may come, so we went to his house and watched the video, and I must say, the film spoke volumes to me. When something hits you at the right time.... ie a film, a song, a book, a person (but hopefully not literally).... and this film did exactly that to me. I understood all of it, it was amazing how true to me it seemed...

Jul 18, 2001, 04:50 PM,
It's scary
Ditto...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 18, 2001, 05:22 PM,
It's scary
It makes me happy to know that people are happy with their soul mates... it gives me hope....

Jul 18, 2001, 05:32 PM,
It's scary
Me too. The hardest thing is to find your soulmate though...How did you find yours? How did you know?

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 18, 2001, 06:05 PM,
It's scary
What's the deal with 'soulmates'?  I mean, what do you mean by the word?  Someone predestined to be your perfect match, or something different?  Could, say, your soulmate just happen to be a colombian baby who died at birth and you never knew?  Or is it more flexible than that?  I don't believe in 'souls', so....

"When I see all those starving kids in Africa it just makes me want to cry.  I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."  -- Mariah Carey.
Jul 18, 2001, 06:19 PM,
It's scary
Amor- I knew as soon as I met him, because we just clicked. Did you read my story, Magpies? It tells it much better (altough it is a little long)

Lacking In Meaning (LIM, hehe)- I believe a soulmate depends upon your opinion. For me, it is the person who knows me better than I know myself. Your soulmate can (in my opinion) be the same sex, or the opposite sex, and need not be your romantic partner.... Any help???

Jul 18, 2001, 06:36 PM,
It's scary
Sorrow, if you remember when you and Fallen posted your stories I was way to tired to grasp them. I am going to read yours now. My question was HOW did you meet him. And you know, the "clicked" thing...It's strange. I use the same work when I mention how me and my baby hooked up...

As for the soulmate bit, I for one think that your soulmate needs to be a romantic partner too. I link the soulmate notion to the notion of THE ONE. For me, they are the same. I mean if my soul mate would be a friend of mine, a guy, or a girl, whatever, I couldn't be romantically involved with somebody else, knowing that she could never know me or love me like my soulmate does...That's what I think.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 18, 2001, 06:40 PM,
It's scary
Thats just my opinion (not to say that I wouldn't want to be romanticaly linked with my soulmate)

I read a quote, which sums up the 'clicked' thing...

"True love is there from the start"

Love at first sight, in it's truest form, that is, the first time you meet a person (actually meet, talk to, etc) you know... You know immediatly

Jul 18, 2001, 06:44 PM,
It's scary
Love at first sight is great, indeed...Only it didn't happen only once for me. But I knew it when it was the right time.

Still, how did you meet him? The circumstances I mean. Where you expecting this, where you opened for this...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 18, 2001, 07:14 PM,
It's scary
I met him by accident, on a school trip. I was, as often usual, to end up sitting on my own. He too had a seat to himself. Some casual aquantenses of ours suggested that we sit together, and the rest, is histroy.

I say I met him by accident, because he had been in my school for nearly four years without me ever having met him. He had known a few of my freidns, but I had never met him. I think it was just the time, the place, and the circumstances for us to meet.

What about you?

Jul 18, 2001, 07:30 PM,
It's scary
Quote:Quote: from CardsForSorrow on 11:14 am on July 18, 2001

I say I met him by accident, because he had been in my school for nearly four years without me ever having met him. He had known a few of my freidns, but I had never met him. I think it was just the time, the place, and the circumstances for us to meet.

What about you?

Ha! I knew it...She had been at the same college as me for three years and we had never met. And there was this scientific session. I didn't want to go, she either, but this teacher we had, a lovely girl, helped us a lot and both of us, without knowing, didn't sleep the night before so we'd prepare our presentations and come, just for her...And  the rest is history. I think it was just the time, the place, and the circumstances for us to meet. Wink

How long have you been together now?

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 18, 2001, 07:38 PM,
It's scary
Together? Um..... have you read my story?