Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos of where I live.
Jul 21, 2001, 12:15 AM,
Photos of where I live.
[Apologies in advance for the shitty quality - I can only converts photos to .gifs for a very long, boring and complicated reason. Oh, and if some of them don't load first time, refresh them - they do all work.]

This is Frensham Ponds, a place about 10 minutes from where I live. My friend and I took the dog there for walk today, and managed to get lost and walk for about 7 miles. The sand and lakes there are artificial, created in the 1500s to house the fish of the Bishop of Winchester. Many films have filmed scenes here, including Gladiator and just about anything else with a forest scene.

Where we started our journey.
[Image: fp1.gif]

A hill that overlooks the Big Pond.
[Image: fp10.gif]

My dog, Fox.
[Image: fp12.gif]

The sky was very tempramental, but it didn't rain.
[Image: fp15.gif]

This was taken about 2 minutes later.
[Image: fp13.gif]

Fox in the breeze.
[Image: fp5.gif]

The last photo I took before we got lost.
[Image: fp4.gif]

Notice how different the scenery is - we started to panic here, heh.
[Image: fp3.gif]

(Edited by Girl Fly at 12:16 am on July 21, 2001)

My signature is great.
Jul 21, 2001, 12:49 AM,
Photos of where I live.
Artificial beaches?  You English are nuts.Wink

Gorgeous looking place, though.

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Jul 21, 2001, 01:00 AM,
Photos of where I live.
Inertia

It's a really weird place - the scenery around where I live all looks like that last photo - and then out of nowhere, you drive into what looks like the desert. There's a straight road that runs right through this place, on one side a sandy hill covered with lavendar, and on the other side a sandy plain. It's the closest I'll ever get to driving through the Nevada desert, heh.

And I sent the second photo down to my cousin in BC, and she said it reminds her a lot of where she lives.

And isn't my dog cute? Biggrin

My signature is great.
Jul 21, 2001, 01:59 AM,
Photos of where I live.
Yeah, the last two are vaguely remeniscent of this large bit of forested parklands just north of my old hometown.  Where exactly does your cousin live?

And isn't my dog cute?

Damn straight!  I didn't even know you had one!

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Jul 21, 2001, 12:56 PM,
Photos of where I live.
Great skies and surroundings...I love the skies.
Can't say the same about the dog though..I'm not sure that's even a dog...Sorry. It is sorta cute, but that's not a dog.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 21, 2001, 03:59 PM,
Photos of where I live.
Inertia

I think she still lives at Whistler, I'm not sure - she's over here at the moment, in Wales, and I'll be going up to see her at some stage this month.

And that's surprising, about Fox - I talk about him whenever I get the opportunity, heh.

Amor

What is that supposed to mean? He's a terrier. He's supposed to be small.

And yeah, we do great sky here -

[Image: sunset1.gif]

[Image: Sunset3.gif]

My signature is great.
Jul 21, 2001, 04:07 PM,
Photos of where I live.
Truly marvelous. We're having an Irish weather and sky ourselves now, quite a stormy day, after weeks of 35+ degrees. Heaven for me.

About yer dog, I have a thing against small dogs. For me, a dog is everything from a labrador up. It has to be big! Having a small dog is like having a cat! No good. My oppinion.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 21, 2001, 08:17 PM,
Photos of where I live.
In the country, people have two types of dogs - labradors and other huge things, which are basically for show because they look good lying in front of the log fire, or terriers, which are hunters and ratters, and actually have a purpose. Hence why we have one of the latter.

He's a great dog, very intelligent, and he's not that small - the photos make it seem as if he is, but he's too big for me to pick up. I'm always overwhelmed by how small he looks when we take him outside.

My signature is great.
Jul 22, 2001, 08:22 AM,
Photos of where I live.
My girlfriend has a small dog too. He's a mix between a Welsh Corgy (sp?) and a Fox Terrier, which makes for a suprisingly good-looking dog. He has a smooth, shiny coat that is dark orange and white. And he jumps! I'm very tall and he can easily jump up to my waist, around 3 feet (he is only 12-15 inches tall). When he was in a yard he always killed small pests like gophers. Another benefit with small dogs is that they live much longer than big dogs. Our dog is almost 7 years old now and is still very active like a puppy. Some big dogs die at 8-10 years old.

Heh, he's tearing through the apartment at top speed right now. Smile

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams
Jul 22, 2001, 02:28 PM,
Photos of where I live.
My friend has Jack Russels, and the can bounce right up to your face, heh. My dog probably could, but he never tries - too lazy.

We were supposed to have a Fox Terrier, but instead we got this Lakeland thing. Just to confuse him, my mother called him Fox Biggrin

My signature is great.