Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My sis... | has a problem
Aug 14, 2001, 05:25 PM,
Against family orders, she decided to have a belly button piercing a few months back. And now it's time for her to go to the seasinde. On Friday. With my folks...So she asked me and baby how can she tell them with the least amount of "damage"...Suggestions please?

Sunt lacrimae reum
Aug 14, 2001, 08:07 PM,
"i may be your child, but i am my own person. i made the choice to do this with my body. deal with it."

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Aug 14, 2001, 08:10 PM,
Well yeah. I mean she's over 18...But the mentality here is different.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Aug 14, 2001, 08:18 PM,
probably not as different as you think.

my mom says that she wouldn't like it if i got tattoos, and i don't, simply because they seem a little rediculous at times, and out of respect for her wishes.

obviously, if your sister went out and did it, when she knew that it was going to be an issue, there must be some gap between what is expected of her, and what she does, no?

Aug 14, 2001, 08:22 PM,
Yes. But you know how girls are at this age. Plus I don't think it should be such a big issue. I mean it's not in her nose or anything. It's not that visible. But the problem isn't what you think it is. If you ask me, my parents, as me, were more worried about the hygienical aspects, the safety of it all, considering that the respective "industry" here is quite undergroundish and unsafe.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Aug 14, 2001, 08:24 PM,
ahh. understood.

well, if it's that bad, she might think about having her blood tested.

or were you just refering to gaurding against post-procedure infection?

Aug 14, 2001, 08:30 PM,
Well that was the worry. But she did do it in the only safe place I know. At least I hope it's safe. And yes, the blood works should be indicated. Even if that place is the only one safe. But my parents still wouldn't trust it.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Aug 14, 2001, 08:33 PM,
Shrug

c'est la vie.

Aug 14, 2001, 10:27 PM,
A doctor in my old home town began offering free piercings because of his concern over the unsafe conditions of many piercing/tat shops.  A couple of years later he had his liscence stripped after several female patients (including a friend of mine) reported numeous instances of inappropriate contact and discussion.  Dunno if there's a moral that can be extracted from that and applied to this situation, but it seemed like an appropriate time to tell the story if nothing else.

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Aug 14, 2001, 10:36 PM,
Er....Why do they have to know? She's over eighteen now, and so her body is her's for the taking. But then again, I wouldn't really know what strict parents are like. Heh...

"Any government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state."
Aug 14, 2001, 10:42 PM,
Well they have to know cause they will go with her at the seaside so it will be kinda obvious.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Aug 14, 2001, 10:42 PM,
Me neither. Back when I still had respect for them, I could always negotiate everything. Now that I don't respect them, I can play with their feelings of guilt. And that I have... Smile

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Aug 14, 2001, 10:44 PM,
My parents aren't strict. At all. But when you have a doughter, looking like my sis does...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Aug 14, 2001, 10:52 PM,
Which is?

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Aug 14, 2001, 10:55 PM,
Well people say she's hot. She won the miss contest in her freshman year at highschool. Plus all my friends wanna date her.

Sunt lacrimae reum