Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have another idea | and with this you guys could help.
Sep 06, 2001, 09:12 PM,
I've thought that I could discuss my problem with somebody here. But since it's so sensitive, the most sensitive problem I've ever encountered, I have to choose wisely..There might not be anyone suitable, but here go the options:

1. THE ONE , yeah right, not a chance. Not until I make my decision

2. Ionela - hum. I'd rather talk to her than to THE ONE. Still far fetched, not doable.
I wrote them first since they are the two main characters.

3.a very close friend of mine, but he became very good friends with THE ONE too, plus we've never discussed relationship related stuff

4.my closest friend, the guy who knows everything about me and me about him. But we talk to rarely, and it's not a matter he could help with

5.close close friend number 1. He's almost never serious, even if he has potential. He might joke about it. Still...

6.close close friend number 2. Horia. Now he'd be a good alternative. But even if he feels some things the way I do, he hasn't taken love that seriously lately.

7.the one guy I could talk about things like this with good results, we're no longer friends. Plus he hates the one

8. Monica, my best friend before THE ONE. I lost her since she god involved with the jerk I mentioned above. She also dislikes THE ONE

9.another girl, we've become really really good friends over the past months. Group mate of mine and Ionela's, friend with Ionela and now with THE ONE too. But, we've never talked about deep stuff like this.

So, what do you think? Take your pic and please tell me why you chose the way you did...Please...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Sep 06, 2001, 09:32 PM,
Grr.

Usually when people ask for advice in the "which of these do you think I should do", you can actually tell which choice they feel would be best for themselves (even if they don't yet realise it themselves) by the way they write the various options.  Not here.  I can't get a feeling from the options as to which way you're leaning.

I'd opt for whichever person you have the most unselfish relationship with, and will discuss the matter with you without worrying about their own personal stake in the whole deal (ie; whether they like or dislike the one or Ionela).

Sorry, but that's all I can come up with.

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Sep 06, 2001, 10:04 PM,
You are right. But it's not about who they like or not, it's about me...This decision has nothing to do, from their point of view, with either THE ONE or Ionela. But with me. What am I to do, considering that I am  in love with Ionela, because this coul dbe one of the biggest decisions in my life, if I were to break things up with THE ONE...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Sep 06, 2001, 10:31 PM,
[quote]6.close close friend number 2. Horia. Now he'd be a good alternative. But even if he feels some things the way I do, he hasn't taken love that seriously lately.[quote]

Sounds like the one you may get the straightest, most honest answer out of... but if you want the truth, I've never been a good judge of people.... not in this sense anyway

[Image: cardsforsorrow.jpg]
Sep 06, 2001, 10:36 PM,
And what if this is only my regretting univeristy ending, and breaking up with my colleagues? And what if Ionela is only a representation, in my mind, of my group, my college, all this?

Sunt lacrimae reum
Sep 06, 2001, 10:41 PM,
Then this is why you need someone to talk it over with, someone who knows you, and can help and advise you....

[Image: cardsforsorrow.jpg]
Sep 06, 2001, 10:51 PM,
True...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Sep 06, 2001, 11:10 PM,
I'll have to abstain.

I do not know the people in question well enough to make any suggestions my conscience would approve.

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Sep 06, 2001, 11:16 PM,
Sure you do. From all my mails...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Sep 06, 2001, 11:18 PM,
Quote:Quote: from Amor Fati on 2:04 pm on Sep. 6, 2001
You are right. But it's not about who they like or not, it's about me...This decision has nothing to do, from their point of view, with either THE ONE or Ionela. But with me.

That's exactly what I meant: listen to the advice of someone who has your interests at heart, and doesn't care about inter-personal bickering and politics.

My advice: wait a long time before taking any decisive action.  I dunno if you have any time constraints (you or others moving), but don't rush into anything.

...And as Marie said, "Listen To Your Heart".  Kinda seems appropriate: a song that doesn't provide an answer or an end to the story, leaving it ultimately up to the listener, or in this case, you: the person who has to make a decision.

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Sep 06, 2001, 11:24 PM,
Quote:Quote: from Amor Fati on 1:16 am on Sep. 7, 2001
Sure you do. From all my mails...

No. I should know them in person to be able to say I know them. Now I know only little specks of what they do and how they react.

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Sep 06, 2001, 11:45 PM,
Inertia, you are right. TOmorrow I will put that song on over and over again and think. There's no real time restraint, but it would be such an important decision...

Sunt lacrimae reum