Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how about Minor developers | at least their games run on my iMac
Apr 17, 2001, 10:42 PM,
I have found several dumb little games that run natively in OS X, that's been neat, What about any emulators. I have two that are carbonized I think.

http://www.jeffhot.com
Apr 23, 2001, 08:59 AM,
Your best bet would be to check http://www.versiontracker.com/ I've found Generator 0.1.9 that's a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive emulator, Jum52 that's a Atari 5200 emulator MacBochs that's a PC x86 emulator, NoSTalgia that's a Atari ST emulator, SimCoupe that's a SAM Coupe emulator (don't ask me what that means) SMS that's a Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear emulator, SNES9X is the well-known Super Nintendo emulator, and SoftVMS, a dreamcast memory module emulator.

Happy Gaming!
Apr 23, 2001, 03:32 PM,
jeffhot: Ok, I've updated the description a little so it's more general. We don't want to exclude the little guys.

Tracer Tong: You really did your research on emulation that supports OS X. Have you used any or all of those emulators?
---------------------------------------------------------------
I'm curiuos to know how the ones common to 8.6-9, like snes9x, run in comparison on the different operating systems. Do they load any faster or slower? Are framerates higher? Does the OS X version offer more or better features/functions over the 8.6 version?

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams
Apr 26, 2001, 01:35 AM,
Actually, I've only tried SNES9X and generator. SNES9X didn't work for me, it only showed a black screen with any rom I tried at any video quality, which was a huge disappointment for me because I do like my SNES games =P. Generator worked with Sonic 2, although it was a bit slow.
(For the SNES9X tests, I used Desert Strike, AvP, Arkanoid, Super Metroid and Super Mario Bros. The tests were performed on a iMac Rev. E with 192 MB RAM, 350 MHz, running OS 10.0.1)

I really want someone to port Unreal and Deus Ex, as my name suggests, I'm a huge Deus Ex fan, and now I cant play it because it runs like molasses in classic. =(
Apr 28, 2001, 02:11 AM,
That sucks. I hope these developers get going on making their games compatible with OS X for your sake. I think I'll be sticking with classic for a while. At least until I get a new computer.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams