Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twisted Metal Black | by the original team
Jul 06, 2001, 12:58 AM,
I bought this the other day and I'd have to say that it's pretty awesome. I was playing Twisted Metal 2 about a week before just for kicks until I remembered that Black was going to be released very soon. I had read a lot of good things about this game.

Anyway, the big difference between TM2 and Black is speed. You get into Black and you're lost straight away. Cars are flying around you, missiles from all sides are hitting you, explosions are rocking you, it's a cool experience. Of course, the graphics are a huge improvement over the previous games. The sound is good too, but I don't recall what the music soundtrack is like in Black. The soundtrack in 2 was great.

Fortunately, the controls in Black are practically identical to the earlier games with support for analog or digital control. One neat feature that was added is support for 4 players. I don't recall if this was possible before and even if it was, I probably wouldn't play it; 2 player split screen in previous versions was limiting, the viewable area being small and somewhat blurry. There was even some slow down. Black however is very easy to look at in 2 player mode and I have not encountered any slow down at all, even with the huge explosions in this game. I've even been thinking about trying out the 4 player mode with some friends just to see how it looks.

One other feature about Black is that chicks can dig it Wink My girlfriend has been playing the 2 player co-op mode with me and has gotten pretty good at staying alive and killing fools. Smile She doesn't normally play games either.

All in all I think Twisted Metal Black is a great game that should appeal to a large audience. It's replay value is high too, it's got locked characters and levels that can be unlocked by surviving the endurance rounds. I would recommend this game for anyone. It gets 4 thumbsup and a big grin.
ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupBiggrin

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams
Jul 06, 2001, 10:08 AM,
Hey Robb, never meet B4, Im WILL, JFs friend.

Anyway, I was TMB  on the TV, and OMFG, it looks fan-fucking-tastic Im gonna get that game. The graphics, gameplay, wopons, cars and effects are unbelievable. Never played TM b4, but I do like Rogue Trip. Good, ska/punk sound track aswel.

All Hail Ænema!
Jul 06, 2001, 11:09 PM,
What's Rogue Trip? Is that one of the bands appearing in TM Black's soundtrack?

You should check out the first two Twisted Metal games just for the story. Don't bother with 3 or 4, they are crap. Toilet

Jul 09, 2001, 12:26 AM,
I beat the game the other day with Sweettooth and therefore watched all his movies. He is one sick mofo.
Samurai_hack

Jul 09, 2001, 10:35 AM,
Rogue Trip is a game, its a comedy version of TM. You have to kill over cars, and get the tourist. If you pick him up, you get cash, like $5 a second, and you can buy weopons.

All Hail Ænema!