Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
update on work | some neat notes
Aug 31, 2001, 06:41 AM,
well, wenn i arrived for work on monday, i saw a sign that said "the following recruiters should clock in on the second floor. you are no longer training", and it had my name on it. whee.

get this, too.

i worked from 10 to 5:30 on wednesday, and on thursday i worked from 9 to 6. friday i return to my usual "1 to 6", and i signed myself up to work on labor day.

they only chose twelve people to work that day, and i was one of them. apparently, it's a really slow holiday, and we'll only be open between 9 and 3, but i'll be getting paid "time and a half".

oh, and some full-time opportunities opened up late in the day, thursday, and i submitted my schedule. 10 to 6 m-f and every third sunday or so. which is cool, because now i don't have to work holidays, and i get them as paid days off, due to my "full time" status.

my throat is getting used to talking for 8-9 hours every day. hurts a bit, though. one client of ours has a really strange router through which we screen applicants. the way it's set up, if someone doesn't have a specific position in mind, and they're just checking to see what we have, it's kind of a pain, because instead of jumping back a step when they change their mind, you have to go all the way back around through the system. so, i usually give the candidates as much information as i can about the positions before they make their choice, which can take nearly 10 minutes.

of course, you have to understand, generally we're able to get the person taken care of within 5 or 6 minutes.

anyhow. here are some random tidbits.

i can't name these companies, but i screen candidates for all kinds of companies. gas/electric companies down in the south east. national chain convenience stores. even the largest provider of wireless communications products and services in the united states.

it's kinda cool, actually.

to think that in a second-hand way, i work for these companies. i mean, i definately represent them as a recruiter.

it's also just cool to think that i technically got promoted twice in one week.

now, i just hope they increase the pay just a little within the next 6 months, or so.

then i'd be happy for a year or two...

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Sep 10, 2001, 09:44 PM,
That's pretty sweet Foe. You're moving up in the world Smile

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams
Sep 11, 2001, 02:17 AM,
yeah, it's pretty sweet so far. feels nice to have some dosh to toss around.

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman