Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the court of public opinion
Jul 15, 2001, 07:48 AM,
man, the court of public opinion is some messed up shit.

why? because it's created by people, and people are flawed. when it comes to judging people, we're like sharks who smell blood. if one person bites, it turns into a goddamned feeding frenzy.

people will put their own spin on everything. and then they'll go and sell that spin to someone else, who in turn puts their own spin on it, and passes it on down the line, and by the time the circle is completed, the shit they're talking about doesn't even resemble the truth.

i mean, doesn't this shit scare you sometimes? as much as i like to float through life not giving a fuck about what people think of me, sometimes shit like this can hold you back, and cut off your options.

some people just like to live their lives, not explain them. asking someone to explain their actions is like trying to decipher the flow of a truly gifted artist, y'know what i'm saying?

once people go and start spreading this shit, you might as well even forget the truth, because the truth begins to mean less and less as it's spun from mind to mind.

i mean, shit - you know exactly what i'm talking about. you know how people online can be, especially. in online circles, lies become truth at a blinding rate. one wounded person lashes out, and the next thing you know, it's set in stone, the gospel truth.

and then dumb motherfuckers go and build on that shit like it's a reinforced concrete foundation.

then they wonder why they can't bother you with their opinion about you, and your life and actions. because it's bullshit, motherfucker. but that doesn't stop 'em. they can just build a whole new fable to throw into the grist mill.

suckas.

[Image: mr_T.gif]

i mean, you wanna really cut me down? try using the truth against me.

but i guess if people started dealing with the truth, they'd have to live up to their own, huh?

and you know we can't have that...

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Jul 15, 2001, 08:04 AM,
No we cannot, because once they all acknowledge reality, whatever that may be, all hell will break loose.

"Any government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state."
Jul 15, 2001, 08:10 AM,
besides, reality is for new-age, tree-huggin', down-to-earth types anyway.

it's much more fun to think that you've got a great big set of net-balls, and flashing them around and bagging on other people. after all, people really DO give a shit...

don't they?

Paranoid

Jul 15, 2001, 08:14 AM,
I sensed as if you were trying to imply something there. Especially with the tree hugging bit. Mind you I have not molested a plant in some time.

I don't really know if people really do give a shit still or not. The ones that do usually get fucked over so many times that they turn out worse than their tormentors.

"Any government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state."
Jul 15, 2001, 08:36 AM,
actually, i was refering to the audiences of people who talk shit.

does anyone really care?

Jul 15, 2001, 01:00 PM,
i do

Although clearly aroused, Pebbles the Chimp seems slightly sad, and can't even summon the energy to gently fuck the floor...