Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smackdown!/heat spoilers | from wrestleline.com
Jul 04, 2001, 10:04 PM,
match results and opinions from wrestleline.com
---

Sunday Night Heat

1) Tajiri beat Jerry Lynn. I spent the majority of this match trying to put my contacts in, so I missed most of the moves. Tajiri won with a kick to the head.

2) Rhyno beat K-Kwik with a Gore. I like how Rhyno's becoming a babyface without changing his routine or speaking much. Almost reminds me of Goldberg.

3) Chuck Palumbo/Sean O'Haire beat Shawn Stasiak/Kanyon to retain WCW tag team belts. This was the "get a hot dog and soda" match. Didn't see the finish, but no one cared.

Smackdown!

1) The Dudley Boyz beat Jericho/Spike to retain the WWF tag team belts. Y2J held D-Von for a Whazzup drop from Spike. Big pop for that. Dudleys won with a 3-D on Spike.

2) Jackie beat Crash. Since the show airs before Tough Enough, I suppose either Tazz, Jackie, Tori or Al Snow are required to have a match. Jackie won with a Frankensteiner.

3) Kidman beat "Gregory" Helms to win the WCW cruiserweight belt. Gregory? I guess they don't want two Shanes in WCW. Kidman was the only WCW guy not to get booed immediately.

4) Big Show/Billy Gunn beat the Hardy Boys. After the Hardys hit the swanton/leg drop combo, Gunn nailed Matt with The One and Only as the ref was distracted. Show covered for Team Show-Gunn (Shogun, get it?)

5) Albert beat Edge to retain WWF Intercontinental belt. Edge cut a funny promo where he clowned Albert's entrance music. Match was pretty bad, though. They need to let Edge face a non-stiff soon.

6) Scotty 2 Hotty beat Dean Malenko. Boring match with the usual mat wrestling from Dean. Scotty got the Worm to win it, which makes no sense since it wasn't enough to finish anyone before he got hurt. Did he get one of the Lex Luger/Bob Holly forearm plates inserted?

7) Booker T beat DDP to retain WCW Heavyweight belt. Undertaker came down and distracted DDP long enough for Booker to get a rollup for the pin. Not as bad as the match with Bagwell, but not good either.

Throughout the night, Vince, Angle and Stone Cold did a series of skits as usual. The highlights: Austin buys Vince and himself cowboys hat to make Vince feel better about Monday's episode. Angle feels left out, and Austin gives him a tiny cowboy hat, which Angle wears all night. Vince received a summons to appear in divorce court the day after Invasion. He came out and cut a promo where he was apologetic at first, but Regal came out and convinced him to not be sorry. Vince then went into classic, "I'm Vince McMahon" mode, and then left to go hit a strip club with Tajiri. Meanwhile, Austin and Angle argue over who could kick Booker's ass more thoroughly, which leads to Austin telling Angle to go out and prove it.

After the main event, Taker chased DDP to the back while Angle came down and got beat up by Booker. Cut to DDP and Taker backstage, where Taker is surrounded by a bunch of WCW guys who beat him down. Shane-O-Mac tries to call off the dogs, but DDP beats Shane down (!). Booker T tries to help and gets a beatdown as well. DDP then led the WCW guys out to the ring to pose, but that only brought out the APA and WWF Special Forces. A huge brawl ensued, which WWF won and culminated in Buff Bagwell taking the double powerbomb from the APA. I think the show went off the air at this point. After the WWF Special Forces left, they played Buff's music as he was helped to the back (why?). Finkel then thanked everyone for coming.

(Edited by JuggleFoe at 4:05 pm on July 4, 2001)

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Jul 05, 2001, 10:46 AM,
Umm, nice, and Raw?

All Hail Ænema!
Jul 05, 2001, 03:56 PM,
no such thing as raw spoilers. they're live on monday, and smackdown/heat is taped on tuesday.

Jul 05, 2001, 04:13 PM,
I live in England, which means no RAW til Friday. I'll gore you 4 that. (I cant find Rhyno)

All Hail Ænema!
Jul 05, 2001, 04:38 PM,
oh, i forgot.

so you haven't even seen raw yet?

i forget this sort of stuff.

ehm...

scott keith's raw rant

Jul 06, 2001, 09:36 AM,
Thanx, but I'll leave it, its on tonite, I'll wait, its more fun that way, I'll go there someother day.

All Hail Ænema!