Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles?
Jul 02, 2001, 06:10 PM,
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles?
Quote:Quote: from JuggleFoe on 2:12 am on June 29, 2001
inertia and i were just talking about this the other day on icq, and FTW and i are talking about it, too.
Sorry, I've been moving.

should there be inter-fed belts, and in which divisions?
I gave this some thought this week, and I say no. At least not yet. For years these two companies have been fighting it out for revenue and ratings. Only now do the fans get to see what would happen if the companies talent actually wrestle.

For this reason, I think the rosters should be split and the titles for each company maintained. Merge the wrestlers slowly. Give the fans the WWF vs. WCW matches they want and put ALL belts up, available to be stolen by that other company.What would Stone Cold Steve Austin and Vince McMahon do if Booker T won the WWF title? What would Shane do? I envision a WAR.

first off, i thought of how neat it would be if there was an inter-fed belt for the women's division. it automatically doubles the women'd division, and we might see an increase in length and quality of matches. might... and at the very least, the crowd pops for cat fights.
I'm not sure about this angle or depth of division. Some of the matches could be great. Yet incresing the size of the womens' roster doesn't exactly mean the womens' belt will be a hot point for wrestling.

also, i say the light-heavyweight divisions of the wwf and wcw should be allowed to mingle. think of some of the matches that could come out of that. helms/lynn, kidman/christian, mysterio/rios...

now, the wwf doesn't have a "cruiserweight tag" belt like wcw, but i say there are plenty of teams  in the wwf that could become part of an inter-fed division. the hardys, essa rios and lynn maybe, kaientai.
Simply put this is where the merger between WWF and WCW has the most potential. The trouble arises when deciding who gets what. Since some of the wrestlers have more value in the WWF tag division as it is now.

Messages In This Thread
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by JuggleFoe - Jun 29, 2001, 08:12 AM
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by Inertia - Jun 29, 2001, 06:45 PM
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by JuggleFoe - Jun 29, 2001, 06:54 PM
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by WILL - Jul 02, 2001, 10:25 AM
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by JuggleFoe - Jul 02, 2001, 12:26 PM
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by WILL - Jul 02, 2001, 12:44 PM
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by JuggleFoe - Jul 02, 2001, 12:48 PM
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by WILL - Jul 02, 2001, 01:03 PM
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by FTWchamp - Jul 02, 2001, 06:10 PM
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles? - by JuggleFoe - Jul 02, 2001, 08:33 PM