Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wwf/wcw inter-federation titles?
Jun 29, 2001, 08:12 AM,
inertia and i were just talking about this the other day on icq, and FTW and i are talking about it, too.

should there be inter-fed belts, and in which divisions?

first off, i thought of how neat it would be if there was an inter-fed belt for the women's division. it automatically doubles the women'd division, and we might see an increase in length and quality of matches. might... and at the very least, the crowd pops for cat fights.

also, i say the light-heavyweight divisions of the wwf and wcw should be allowed to mingle. think of some of the matches that could come out of that. helms/lynn, kidman/christian, mysterio/rios...

i think that would rock.

now, the wwf doesn't have a "cruiserweight tag" belt like wcw, but i say there are plenty of teams  in the wwf that could become part of an inter-fed division. the hardys, essa rios and lynn maybe, kaientai.

i think that these sort of titles would be really neat.

otherwise, the fans are always gonna be thinking "what if" when it comes to the champs of the seperate feds...

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Jun 29, 2001, 06:45 PM,
I agree, but they oughta make sure that they pay off the "what if"s at the right time.  I can wait, at least for a while, before this sort of thing starts to happen.  I'd like to see it be given some back-story, rather than just Hardyz/Jindrak-O'Hare being met with "Well, here we go, Paul!  This is certainly a yu-neek style match-up we're seeing here..."

DC and Marvel fans had to wait for decades before their burning questions were answered.  I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a loud and visible WCW presence in the Fed right now (I think Booker T is serving to do that well), but I'd like to see, say, Billy Kidman doing run-ins for a week or two against the Fed's LW champ (whoever it is), before a challenge is issued.

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Jun 29, 2001, 06:54 PM,
oh, i agree with you entirely.

some fans HATE long build-up to the point where they can't stand it if an angle builds for more than a week's worth of programming, and then other fans want angles that span a year or so.

i prefer them to land somewhere inbetween. three months is about the maximum for me, and that's only if there's gonna be some great payoff, either in the form of a the birth of a new superstar,  or just some four star matches.

Jul 02, 2001, 10:25 AM,
I like the idea of a WCW/WWF Heavyweight/tag/hardcore titles.

with the belt only changing hands in WCW V WWF matches.

Oh.

Austin V Angle V Undertaker V Rock V Triple H V Steiner V Booker T V Goldberg V DDP V Sting

Hardcore elimination match! UMMM!

All Hail Ænema!
Jul 02, 2001, 12:26 PM,
the only way i could see that match being any fun is if it was a falls-count-anywhere match, where the last wrestler left from each fed became the #1 contender for the belt of each respective fed.

then if the current holder of the belt was the last from their fed, they'd get a shot at the champ. if booker or austin were the last ones in, they'd automatically have a belt vs belt match, but if someone else, say steiner or rock were the last guys in the ring, they'd get title shots against the champion of the opposite federation.

ya' gotta throw some sizzle into it somehow...

Jul 02, 2001, 12:44 PM,
Well yeah, but I was only refering tomthe match you gotta understand, not the angle.

All Hail Ænema!
Jul 02, 2001, 12:48 PM,
well, i understand that, but i'm pretty big on angles. i  mean, a *** match can easily turn into a **** match with the correct angle behind it.

Jul 02, 2001, 01:03 PM,
Yeah, but I mean that I was just making up the good matches, and its up to other ppl to put the angles behind them. A good match is a Good match, the angles build the tension.

All Hail Ænema!
Jul 02, 2001, 06:10 PM,
Quote:Quote: from JuggleFoe on 2:12 am on June 29, 2001
inertia and i were just talking about this the other day on icq, and FTW and i are talking about it, too.
Sorry, I've been moving.

should there be inter-fed belts, and in which divisions?
I gave this some thought this week, and I say no. At least not yet. For years these two companies have been fighting it out for revenue and ratings. Only now do the fans get to see what would happen if the companies talent actually wrestle.

For this reason, I think the rosters should be split and the titles for each company maintained. Merge the wrestlers slowly. Give the fans the WWF vs. WCW matches they want and put ALL belts up, available to be stolen by that other company.What would Stone Cold Steve Austin and Vince McMahon do if Booker T won the WWF title? What would Shane do? I envision a WAR.

first off, i thought of how neat it would be if there was an inter-fed belt for the women's division. it automatically doubles the women'd division, and we might see an increase in length and quality of matches. might... and at the very least, the crowd pops for cat fights.
I'm not sure about this angle or depth of division. Some of the matches could be great. Yet incresing the size of the womens' roster doesn't exactly mean the womens' belt will be a hot point for wrestling.

also, i say the light-heavyweight divisions of the wwf and wcw should be allowed to mingle. think of some of the matches that could come out of that. helms/lynn, kidman/christian, mysterio/rios...

now, the wwf doesn't have a "cruiserweight tag" belt like wcw, but i say there are plenty of teams  in the wwf that could become part of an inter-fed division. the hardys, essa rios and lynn maybe, kaientai.
Simply put this is where the merger between WWF and WCW has the most potential. The trouble arises when deciding who gets what. Since some of the wrestlers have more value in the WWF tag division as it is now.
Jul 02, 2001, 08:33 PM,
Quote:Quote: from FTWchamp on 12:10 pm on July 2, 2001

Simply put this is where the merger between WWF and WCW has the most potential. The trouble arises when deciding who gets what. Since some of the wrestlers have more value in the WWF tag division as it is now.
true. i mean, wcw sort of created the "cruiserweight tag" division out of necessity, seeing as they had so many talented tag teams in that division, and the wwf just doesn't have that many tag teams at all.

(Edited by JuggleFoe at 2:34 pm on July 2, 2001)