Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dance me to the end of love
Aug 18, 2001, 11:38 PM,
Or lack of.

"Any government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state."
Aug 18, 2001, 11:42 PM,
Any way you want to look at it...

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Aug 18, 2001, 11:44 PM,
I really never understood how he came about to be hit by a parked car. It was allegedly going two or three miles per hour and he ran, or walked, or crawled or hop out in front of it.

"Any government that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state."
Aug 18, 2001, 11:57 PM,
In the year '67, some guy in Rome got a speeding ticket from walking too fast. He turned around a corner and ran into some girl who fell and broke her hip. The judge deemed that the man had walked too fast considering the situation, not being able to avoid the collision, and gave him a nice fine and the hospital bill from the girl's treatment... Smile

"Ashes"
Aug 19, 2001, 09:34 PM,
That really sounds like something an American court would do.

Aug 19, 2001, 09:39 PM,
Yup. I'll always remember that story when they accused some guy for going 700mph with his pick-up van. Possibly an error in marking the speed on the ticket? No! It says 700mph, so it is 700mph... *sigh* Shrug

"Ashes"
Aug 19, 2001, 10:21 PM,
I'm sorry sir, you were going twenty times the speed limit in this 35 mph zone.

Bah!

Aug 19, 2001, 10:37 PM,
It went through the first court unchanged. Only after the complaint, he got to a better judge who had his senses around... Heh, Americans... Smile

"Ashes"
Aug 19, 2001, 10:54 PM,
Thank God I'm not American.

Aug 19, 2001, 11:09 PM,
Yea, good thing. Smile

No, seriously, I can't make a generalisation and exclude peeps from it and still make it done easily, but not all peeps in the group I have generalise have to think they're being insulted as they are not. I only leave something not said, and those with any intelligence can see that it was a generalisation and not even meant to be an exact description of every single person  in the griup in question.

Talk about explaining hard way. Smile

"Ashes"
Aug 20, 2001, 12:49 AM,
No, seriously.

I'm not American.

Aug 20, 2001, 12:56 AM,
So then, what might the 'nationality'-line in your papers read?

"Ashes"
Aug 20, 2001, 01:06 AM,
They er...don't?

I'm an illegal alien.

Aug 20, 2001, 01:09 AM,
OhhhhhhKaaaayyyyy!

"You will find that the STATE is the kind of ORGANIZATION which, though it does big things badly, does small things badly too." - John Kenneth Galbraith
I see the guy was right. Smile

"Ashes"
Aug 20, 2001, 01:40 AM,
I'm not American.

I'm er....not American.