Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just a note, people.
Jun 29, 2001, 08:17 PM,
just a note, people.
Well, I'm presuming that she's an ex of foe's from before he knew j.a. and the whole jamie mess erupted, but I don't know how she fits into the whole bizarre love/hate triangle (or pentagon, at this point).

But then again, it's really none o' my biznezz.

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Jun 29, 2001, 08:21 PM,
just a note, people.
Well she doesn't fit in any geometrical figure. I think Foe mentioned her in relation to she being somebody he used to love and got melancholic about...Maybe looking at those mails made him looks at other ones and so on. If you ask me.

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jun 29, 2001, 08:24 PM,
just a note, people.
Ah.  That would make sense.

Trying to divert this topic back to it's original purpose: it's weird the way physical objects can seem to be infused with emotion that you thought was no longer a part of you.  I've got a few letters stashed away somewhere.  It's almost as though I forget where I put them on purpose, so that I'm never prepared for it when I come across them.

I've burned all of the ones that I wrote but didn't send.

Jun 29, 2001, 08:26 PM,
just a note, people.
How do you get along with your ex's? Friends, no relation, good friends?

And check your mail...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jun 29, 2001, 08:40 PM,
just a note, people.
Let's see:

I don't really see my first girlfriend much anymore, since we live in different towns.  We get along well enough when we do talk, and we're able to joke about how stupid we both were.

My second one is now going out with one of my best friends; they've been together for well over a year now.  They have minor lil' tiffs now and again, but they work really well together.  To be honest, I get along with her better now that I did when we went out.  We never really got to know each other that well (predominantly because she was hella shy), and we barely ever did anything other than talk about bands.  I love hanging out with her now, though.

My most recent ex (who isn't that recent at all, really) and I are good friends.  It took me a LONG time to get over her, and I think she's always going to be one of those people that part of me will always miss, somehow.  She's in Seattle for the summer, but usually we go for tea, go clubbing, trade books and records, etc.  She's the only one of my friends who enjoys academia as much as I do, so we usually end up rambling on and on to each other about the state of the university system, Foucault, Henry Miller (she's responsible for getting me into him), postmodernity in all of it's flawed and ubiquitous glory, the joys of a well-done reasearch paper, the anguish of sociology readings that put you to sleep...and so on.

Jun 29, 2001, 08:44 PM,
just a note, people.
Sorry you broke up with this last one...Or shouldn't I be?

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jun 29, 2001, 08:47 PM,
just a note, people.
Quote:Quote: from Inertia on 2:40 pm on June 29, 2001
My most recent ex (who isn't that recent at all, really) and I are good friends.  It took me a LONG time to get over her, and I think she's always going to be one of those people that part of me will always miss, somehow.

yeah this is pretty much my situation with erin.

she was my first "the rest of the world? what's that?"-type love, and when we were together she made me feel like i could conquer the world.

she and i broke up during an uncomfortable period in our lives, and since then the pendulum that is our relationship has swung back and forth like a crack-smoking monkey on a swing. most recently she and i are being civil to eachother.

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman
Jun 29, 2001, 08:53 PM,
just a note, people.
That's such a great way to put it.."the rest of the world?..what's that?"

Sunt lacrimae reum