Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
Jul 24, 2001, 06:29 PM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
I FINALLY got my driver's license, after fourth long tries. I got it today, I was lucky to have a female cop at the practical exam. This whole thing costed me my beird actually...What happened? The procedure here is: in the morning, theoretical exam, multiple choice questions, then the results, and who passes (22 out of 26 questions right) goes for the practical exam. The second I got in for the written exam, this stupid cop looked at my ID, then at me and asked, refering to my facial hair "What is THIS?" I am very careless about that, I shave like every two weeks if I get around to it. I told him that my skin in sensitive, so I can't shave, but he said that he wants that to disappear by the time I have the practical exam...So betweent he written and the results I had to find a nearby barber shop and get the thing done...The people there were apparently used to getting customers from driving school, so they said...This was silly. But I have it now. YAY!!!

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 24, 2001, 06:46 PM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
Well done.... sorry about the having to shave thing.... could have been worse.... if you were female and they were suggestiong you shave....!?!

[Image: cardsforsorrow.jpg]
Jul 24, 2001, 07:06 PM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
Congrats!

I'm not sure I understand why you have to shave, though...

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Jul 24, 2001, 07:52 PM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
Because that stupid cop found it offending that I was not shaved, it looked to him like I didn't consider him important enough to shave for. Or,. considering that he looked at my ID pic, he was expecting me to look the same, meaning I should have had a beard at 14....

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 24, 2001, 09:06 PM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
Jesus.  How is not shaving a sign of disrespect to someone you've never met?  I mean, Christ, you're not in the army or anything.

...Nothing to corrupt the eye; there is no vision here.
Jul 24, 2001, 09:25 PM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
Exactly...Thumbsdown That's how things work around here...

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 24, 2001, 09:45 PM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
I've been a bit dizzy today (I couldn't understand your mail for most part Biggrin ), so I'll write tomorrow... Unless I'm still dizzy. Maybe I should drink more...

"What did the city get from you, Montag?"
"Ashes"
Jul 24, 2001, 09:53 PM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
Well, considering that I've been up since 6 am and my tongue hurts like hell, my mail was probably mostly unintelligible...Wink

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 26, 2001, 03:00 AM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
How stupid of this guy to make you shave. Ridiculous. What are the reasons? You know, if he wanted your picture to be accurate then he would have let you keep the damn beard since you told him already that you don't shave very often.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams
Jul 26, 2001, 09:57 AM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
Yeah...Probably uses the cop suit to harbour some complexes..

Sunt lacrimae reum
Jul 27, 2001, 01:51 AM,
Yay me! | FINALLY!!!
That's exactly what I was thinking.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams