Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
absurdity | i think this belongs here...
Jun 12, 2001, 10:17 AM,
absurdity | i think this belongs here...
every now and then i think everyone just stops and realizes how absurd human life is.

some people handle it differently than others. some laugh, and some jump out of the windows of tall buildings.

Wink Fall

i was just thinking about how fucking strange all of this is. creation, what a fucking mess, huh?

i guess this was sorta' sparked by the drug-fueled teenage mini-tirade in "traffic", where the american drug czar's daughter is gettin' fucked up and talking about typical "drugged" topics...

i mean, why do we always have to think about something in reference to something else? we create this bizarre web in our minds. like, someone might say "oh, i didn't really like this movie! i was a lot like that other movie, but it wasn't nearly as good!".

well, it's a different movie, by proxy, so it deserves to be judged for what it is, not for what it is not, or against another film, as though there is some sort of "standard", or "ruler" by which to measure it.

but, no. humans must measure everything, because that leads to order.

ya' ever think about how animals see our world? the cleanliness and order must be utterly freakish to them. to them, we must seem like "the borg", from star trek.

Botpatrol

and then on the other hand, we're really just these soft bags of meat. remember how easily the aliens in "stormship troopers" just popped the humans like walking zits? that was funny shit.

Explode

http://www.livejournal.com/~toyman

Messages In This Thread
absurdity | i think this belongs here... - by JuggleFoe - Jun 12, 2001, 10:17 AM
absurdity | i think this belongs here... - by apoc - Jun 14, 2001, 03:27 PM