Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So they're worthless? | Casulties and casulties
Sep 30, 2001, 04:26 PM,
So they're worthless? | Casulties and casulties
The resultant downturn in the world economy will kill more people than died in New York that day.

People are divided on this.  It seems to me (based on my perception of general opinion in Britain) that there are two opposing groups of people.

1.  It is the fault of America that these attacks have taken place.  If it was not for American imperialism the hatred responsible for the attack would not exist.  The event was a tragedy, but at least it has taught America and the west that their attitude towards the middle east is wrong.

2.  Terrorism is unacceptable in any circumstance.  Civilians have died.  Innocent people.  America and Nato MUST remove the capacity of terrorists to repeat this sort of incident.

To me, both are wrong.

People are either obsessed with self-righteous revenge, to 'prove' America's resilience and determination, or blinded by Political Correctness, determined to see things from the point of view of the good, honest, poor Arab Countries.

I think:

Pragmatism is what should dictate the American response.  Don't kill anyone.  Find Osama Bin Laden and his fellow conspirators, try them for mass murder and if they are guilty, lock them up for life.

Then you have to give the people of Afghanistan food, clothing, jobs, and a new government.  It's tough, but if America wants to reap the benefits of being the only hyperpower, it has to pay the costs too.

You all know what I mean, you're all intelligent.

Thanks for listening to me (if you have, that is)

"When I see all those starving kids in Africa it just makes me want to cry.  I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."  -- Mariah Carey.

Messages In This Thread
So they're worthless? | Casulties and casulties - by Lacking in meaning - Sep 30, 2001, 04:26 PM